Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February Student of the Month: Jacob Bonham

This month, we would like you to meet Jacob Bonham, age 13, who has been a student at CJacob1-300alifornia  DanceArts for the past six years, studying ballet year-round.

When asked about his dance studies at CDA, Jacob says that all of the teachers work very hard to encourage every student to do their very best.  He enjoys working alongside fellow students who are dedicated to learning dance. Jacob says, “It’s also a great place to meet new people.”

He has danced in California Contemporary Ballet’s production of “The Snow Queen”, having performed the role of Gypsy Boy for the past six seasons. This year, he added a new role to his repertoire, performing the role of Brother Reindeer.

Jacob is a member of California Contemporary Ballet’s youth company. He says, “I really enjoy being a part of the youth company because I get to work with the older dancers who treat me like an equal, experience rehearsals, and I get to learn how to prepare for a show. It also gives me goals to aim for in my ballet classes which then help to put better polish on my stage dancing. My dancing gives me a good reason to do well in school and makes me productive.”

Jacob is also an actor who was recently featured in a community theater production of Cheaper by the Dozen. He plans to become an actor and believes that dance will help his acting career. Inspired, Jacob also hopes to eventually become a member of California Contemporary Ballet as a professional dancer.

Posted via web from California DanceArts's Posterous Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment